Friday, October 30, 2020

VOTE
















Vote means to choose by making a mark or by raising your hand or by speaking up at a meeting.

I vote every day.

I vote to use my time wisely or to take a break from work and creative pursuits and watch videos.

I vote to go to work or to stay home.

I vote to clean my house or toss things I don’t need any longer.

I vote to love my husband with words and actions.

I vote to keep my children in my prayers and in my daily life.

I vote to give to my church or some other charity.

I vote to use my money wisely or to waste it on things I don’t need.

I vote to wear a mask in public or not.

I vote to think about The Worst-Case Scenario or The Blessings of God.

I vote each year because I have been given the right to do so.

 

But all this voting is private. I don’t talk about my voting choices much. My dad told me I didn’t have to. I can keep it all a secret.

And isn’t that a better way to live? Just do what you voted to do and let your actions speak louder than words.



5 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm your neighbour on Five Minute Friday. I like that you keep your children in your prayers, and think about the Blessings of God. That's real Kingdom voting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting ... and for your thoughts!

      Delete
  2. I like your slant on this week's prompt. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The world don't really have a call
    to look into my heart,
    so back it off, oh, please, y'all
    and do not even start
    to pry into my deepest thoughts;
    they ae not meant for you.
    You gotta know? You really ought
    to look at what I do.
    Read some stuf that I write,
    and count up all my dogs
    that I saved from strayness' night,
    and look at my worn togs,
    and then maybe you will know
    where my soul and money go.

    ReplyDelete

Witness

  Living out in the country like we do, I get to witness new things every week. Like this morning, I went out to feed the barn cats and re...