Friday, February 26, 2021

Enable


God enables me to do the simple things as well as the difficult things.

He was there when I gave birth to my children, holding my hand, listening to my pleas, protecting me and healing me.

He was there when I searched for property in the country so we could raise our children in a wide-open environment.

He was with me when my counselors and teachers met over the weekend during my senior year of college to decide my fate: let me stay or kick me out.

He was there when I made some really stupid choices, making the wall higher and the way away from Him more difficult.

He was there when I was in the hospital with my one-year-old son.

He was there when I thought my marriage was falling apart.

He was enabling me to withstand the trial, the temptation, the persistent irritations, the out-right attacks, the sweet urges to go back to my old way of living.

He enabled me to take time off from working when I was exhausted and confused beyond reason. He enabled me to understand myself and my weaknesses. He enabled me to see that advertisement and He told me to send in my resume.

He enabled me to fight off guilt for being laid off and then enabled me to apply for my dream job.

Now He enables this old body to go to a physically challenging job, enables me to see past the customer anger to the real issue, enables me to keep my mouth shut when my words are not needed, enables me to climb the ladder, stand for hours, walk for miles … even when my body hurts and I want to go home.

I sing quietly to Him behind my mask and He blesses me.

None of it is me anymore. It’s all His strength.


May God enable you to accomplish what is needed today.


https://fiveminutefriday.com/2021/02/25/fmf-writing-prompt-link-up-enable/

2 comments:

Witness

  Living out in the country like we do, I get to witness new things every week. Like this morning, I went out to feed the barn cats and re...