Sunday, October 16, 2022

Delight

 


 

Things I delight in:

 

A great pen

-zebra-

-Pilot G-2 07-

-InkJoy-

 

A super notebook

-Moleskine-

-sketchbooks-

-5x7 or 6x8 wire-bound-

 

A new, energizing book about writing

-The Prayer Powered Entrepreneur-

 

A new and faster laptop

-Dell-

 

People

People that comment on my blog 

People that tell me how my writing impacted them, made them think, changed their point of view

People that completely disagree with my writing

People that buy my book

 

Websites that support writers with how-to, opportunities for publication, challenges, contests

-Writers Digest-

-The Writer-

-Poets and Writers-

-WOW-

-Two Drops of Ink-

-Amazon-Kindle-

 

And

Time to myself to write uninterrupted 

Writer retreats

Coffee shops

A few quiet moments in my truck

That time I wrote that thing that surprised me – that time I wrote that really painful event and I felt cleansed – that time I finished writing the novel – that time I sent off the article and it was accepted

Jesus

As a Jesus follower I have learned that if I delight myself in Him, He will give me the desires of my heart. It’s not a “I do this, then you’ll do that” kind of thing. It’s a meeting of the minds, an exchange of desires, study and prayer and more study and more prayer all worked out within the notebooks. I see the direction I was going as not productive, and I ask God which way I should go. Then I wait.

If I start out my day with work, the day becomes dull, aimless, stressful, even bleak. If I start out my day with God I get the priorities straight, I get a few things done, I get peace.

 

I love writing. I’m glad God orchestrated events to bring me back here.

Thank you, Father.





Delight – 10-16-22 – 31 Days of Writing about Writing


photo info - Image by <a href="https://pixabay.com/users/jarkkomanty-661512/?utm_source=link-attribution&amp;utm_medium=referral&amp;utm_campaign=image&amp;utm_content=581881">Jarkko Mänty</a> from <a href="https://pixabay.com//?utm_source=link-attribution&amp;utm_medium=referral&amp;utm_campaign=image&amp;utm_content=581881">Pixabay</a>


No comments:

Post a Comment

Witness

  Living out in the country like we do, I get to witness new things every week. Like this morning, I went out to feed the barn cats and re...