Thursday, October 13, 2022

Place





A place of our own

 

A place of peace

 

A place to rest

 

A quiet place to think, draw, reminisce, dream, write …

 

Places I’ve written:

My bed

My tiny desk in my bedroom

By the pool

On the curb in front of my house

On the floor in my bedroom

In the bathroom

In the living room

At the kitchen counter

At a make-shift desk inside my bedroom closet

At a desk at school

In a study carrel in the center of the library at college

On the steps going down the hill to the town in winter

In the backseat of my dad’s car

In the front seat while my husband drove the family on trips

In the car in the parking lot at the school where I was reporting on a board meeting

At McDonald’s after work creating a story based on a Shakespeare play

In the car in the park where I could be by myself and collect my thoughts

At a table in the library in a quiet corner

At the desk at work where everyone could see me – no walls

Outside on the back steps pushing the cat away

At the desk at work where you have to stand up to peek over the temporary walls

At the local coffee shop

On the airplane on the way to a funeral

At the huge desk where I was surrounded by mass quantities of paper, notes, and files

At Barnes and Nobel in any chair that’s empty

At my desk at home that my husband built for me next to an eastern facing window where I can see the sunrise as I create another novel for National Novel Writing Month.

I could talk about a place to keep all my words, but I’ll talk about notebooks in another post.

 

 

Barnes and Nobel

McDonald’s

Three Bean Café

Galion Public Library

NaNoWriMo

 

 





Place – 10-13-22 – 31 Days of Writing About Writing







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Witness

  Living out in the country like we do, I get to witness new things every week. Like this morning, I went out to feed the barn cats and re...