Friday, November 18, 2022

Laugh


 

I’m laughing. God is so good. He’s so creative. The things He shows me a are wonderful and quirky and unique and always wise.

Today God reminded me that I am a sparrow in a world of blue jays. I’m by myself sometimes, but usually with a crowd. I go eat when it’s quiet, but when the blue jays come, I get out of the way. I wouldn’t dare pick a fight with a blue jay. Have you seen their beaks? Even when the blue jays chase me off, and that happens a lot, I’m still a sparrow, precious in the His eyes, worth more than I will ever understand. And He takes care of me.

Today God reminded me that prayers are always answered. I don’t get to see the answers sometimes, but when I do, and when I see how He has orchestrated His answer, I praise Him.

God reminded me today that even in the midst of terrible things, burdened with more prayers for others than I can remember (so I write them down), I am still under the command to praise Him. He is in control. He makes it all work out for good in the end.

-

Laughter is complicated. I laugh when I’m embarrassed or when something really shocking happens. This is usually understood the wrong way, like teachers thinking I wasn’t taking them seriously or people being offended at the laugh I gave in the face of a horrible tragedy. When it’s inappropriate I apologize.

I laugh when I know someone is telling a bold-faced lie. I laugh when something I knew would happen happens. I laugh when bad things happen to bad people. I laugh at inappropriate jokes. I laugh when someone makes a mistake that I find funny.

And I insult a lot of people.

But I also laugh at jokes that aren’t really funny because someone was trying to lighten the mood, create a new joke, find some meaning. I laugh at things because, in a way, laughter is an emotion that blurts out before I realize what’s happening.

Human weakness sucks.

But today I’m laughing appropriately. God gives me glimpses of His humor and love. He forgives me for laughing at the wrong time and shows me when I do so I can apologize to all involved.

God created laughter so our souls wouldn’t die of pain, so we wouldn’t take the world too seriously. I know how it all ends. God wins. Jesus is King. I get to hang out with everybody who believes that forever. That makes me happy.

So I laugh.

“Strength and dignity are her clothing, And she smiles at the future.” – Proverbs 31:25

 

Join Five Minute Friday and share a thought or two.





Laugh – FMF – 11-18-22


4 comments:

  1. I've never seen a Blue Jay
    or an Oriole,
    but I know that come what may,
    I've seen a Cardinal,
    and I stopped a vital class
    at drop of a hat,
    to send the kids to window-glass,
    saying, "Wow, come look at THAT!"
    And they of course thought me insane,
    it's just a bird, for Heaven's sake!
    But I am me and will remain
    no matter what the tumours take,
    a connoisseur of sheer delight
    even against the fall of night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! We must retain our wonder at God's creation. Blessings!

      Delete
  2. Oh my! What a great post! Thank you so much!! I love this: "God created laughter so our souls wouldn't die of pain..." So good. I needed this today!! (FMF #27)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! God bless you with lots of laughter! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete

Witness

  Living out in the country like we do, I get to witness new things every week. Like this morning, I went out to feed the barn cats and re...