Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Always


 

In my life there is no such thing as “always”… except for God.

 

“I will always love you,” said in the moment of high emotion seldom plays out that way.

 

“I will always work for you” is replaced with “I just can’t work here anymore.”

 

“I always do it that way” really means “I like doing it that way when it is possible for me (or when I feel like it) (or I’m saying it because I want to be better than you).”

 

I think always stems from trying to be God.

 

God is the only one who can do always.

 

There is an element of eternity in the word always. Matthew 28:20 – “… teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

 

But we are commanded many “always” commands.

 

I’ve tried doing always on my own. Always faithful. Always available. Always present. Always on time. Always happy.

It’s exhausting.

 

But if I let Jesus have me my seldom becomes always in Him. He grows me and I can do better because of Him, not because I tried harder or sharpened my skill or worked out a million hours this year.

 

Always becomes mine in Jesus.







Always – 10-19-22 – 31 Days of Writing About Writing



No comments:

Post a Comment

Witness

  Living out in the country like we do, I get to witness new things every week. Like this morning, I went out to feed the barn cats and re...