Monday, October 24, 2022

Concrete


 


We’ve been buying a lot of Quikrete lately. My husband is finishing up the front walkway. We’re hoping it makes shoveling easier this winter. We’re looking forward to an easier walk up to the house.

We had pavers that were starting to crack and sink. It was a cute, country type look, but little by little the walkway became more like a valley. That made it difficult to maneuver when carrying groceries and awkward loads.

Because funds are tight, we are doing the job a little at a time. It’s frustrating and hopeful at the same time.

I feel like my faith is a little like that walkway. Cute and country to begin with, but not solid enough for the heavy load of testing, temptation, loss, trouble.

When I read my Bible every day, spend time in prayer, remember to worship in good times and when I don’t feel like it (especially when I don’t feel like it), I build on my solid faith. God gave me faith when I put my trust in Jesus, but I’m responsible to maintain it and use it.

The walkway has been in the work for a few years, moving down to the driveway a little bit at a time.

My faith is getting solid beneath me as I move toward my home

A little at a time.

 

1 Peter 1:5-8 – Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral excellence, and in your moral excellence, knowledge, and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, perseverance, and in your perseverance, godliness, and in your godliness, brotherly kindness, and in your brotherly kindness, love. For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.







Concrete – 10-24-22 – 31 Days of Writing About Writing


photo info - me



No comments:

Post a Comment

Witness

  Living out in the country like we do, I get to witness new things every week. Like this morning, I went out to feed the barn cats and re...