Sunday, October 23, 2022

If


 

If

"if wishes were fishes we'd all swim in riches"

 

If only

The Dishes Fairy would come for a visit.

People would stop arguing on my Facebook page.

I would silence the Thousand Voices of My Phone.

 

If someone would just

Bend over and pick up that piece of paper.

Help around the house.

Obey the four-way stop law.

 

If I do this, then …

If I write 100 words a day, I would have 36,500 words in my story.

If I stretch and move every day, it is much easier for me to get around.

If I eat less, I don’t have digestive issues.

If I send a card to my friend, she will know I’ve been praying for her.

If I read my Bible every day, I will have created a habit.

 

Only if …

I take care of myself will I feel better.

I write a little every day will it become a habit again.

I would have ________.  But that is a regret, and I decided a few years ago not to do regrets anymore.

 

 

What if …

Novelists use the “What if -?” method to come up with crazy and intriguing plot lines.

Business owners use “What if -?” to create new ways to grow.

Painters use “What if-?” to create new ways to see ordinary things.

 

If – Then

If I pay my bills, then I will feel relaxed.

If I write my heart, then I will feel calm.

If I read the Bible, then I will be at peace with God.

If I make the effort to communicate with the people I care about, then they will know I care.

If the angles of a triangle are all equal, then it is an equilateral triangle.

 

If a picture paints a thousand words then why can’t I pain you?

I’m not sure I can answer that. But the song sticks in my brain because I heard it so often as a teenager.

And

If you comment, I will be happy!


 




If – 10-23-22 – 31 Days of Writing About Writing


No comments:

Post a Comment

Witness

  Living out in the country like we do, I get to witness new things every week. Like this morning, I went out to feed the barn cats and re...