Saturday, October 29, 2022

Lost

 


 

I feel lost.

I feel alone.

The writing isn’t coming today.

There is an emptiness in my head.

No ideas come to mind.

I feel dry.

I don’t want to open one of my motivational lists or prompt books.

I don’t want to force myself to work on a project.

The work I do seems meaningless.

I’m lost.

 

I take a walk.

I make a sacrifice of praise (the kind of praise I do when I don’t feel like praising).

I pray.

I spend time in the Scriptures.

I read a devotion.

I drink a glass of water.

I stretch.

 

I sit down to write.

The words come.

Slowly.

I see a pinprick of light.

The spot of light grows.

Jesus is the way – again.

I praise God.

 

I write.





Lost – 10-29-22 – 31 Days of Writing About Writing


photo info - me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Witness

  Living out in the country like we do, I get to witness new things every week. Like this morning, I went out to feed the barn cats and re...