Monday, October 31, 2022

Me

 


 

This past month it’s been mostly about me. I’ve tried to share what I know in an attempt to help some struggling writer, but to be totally honest –

It’s been about me

My writing

My goals in life

My past experiences

Me motivating me

I feel like I should apologize, but I don’t think I need to. Most blogs are about the person writing the blog. Even if it is about them, it helps me (usually) when I read it because I internalize their thoughts and feelings and make the best my own.

So it’s okay that this month has been about me.

 

Me

Me getting it out

Me venting

Me making myself heard

Me inventing things from other things like a chef … or Dr. Frankenstein

Me trying to please people and me trying to be myself

Me thinking weird things and writing them down and hiding them then finding them again and loving them

Me finding my voice, then using my voice, then making people angry

Me refining my voice and using my voice and making people think

 

I

I love blogging. I learn so much.

Sometimes I have to force myself to sit at the computer and put down words. Other times I’m excited because I have a great idea and I can’t wait to flesh it out.

I love writing.

And blogging gives me readers.

 

You

Thank you, my readers, for joining me on this 31-day journey of

Thinking about writing

Writing about writing

Struggling with writing

Failing at writing

Having success at writing

Learning about writing

Teaching a little about writing

 

Myself

Writing to me is like breathing and for almost three years I didn’t do much. I tried to write for National Novel Writing Month last year, but the story didn’t go very far, I ran out of energy, and too many voices of accusation, irritation and failure ran through my head.

The extra hours at work didn’t help either.

But this 31-day challenge put the spark back in my heart. It gave me a doable goal to achieve. It refreshed my old love of putting words down and rearranging them.

And it showed me I can still do it.

 

Thank You

Thank you, Kate Motaung, for the opportunity to create a goal and a place to put my work.

Much success in your writing future.

See you in the blogosphere!

 

By the way

I have three published books. The first, a how-to, Love To Write Every Day, helps children and adults put pen to paper. The second, a devotional, Before Coffee God, is a 40-day (plus a little more) look at how God speaks to us. The third, The Porch, is a novel about a young man fitting in at a new job and learning about life on a ranch.









Me – 10-31-22 – 31 Days of Writing About Writing

photo info - my oak tree in the back yard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Witness

  Living out in the country like we do, I get to witness new things every week. Like this morning, I went out to feed the barn cats and re...