Thursday, October 6, 2022

Crave

 


 

I crave Writing by myself in the truck parked in the lot at the local park with the windows open listening to the breeze and the bird song.

 

I crave writing better, clearer, with more ease. I crave knowing more about what I have to do to get people to understand what I’m trying to say. I crave writing with more emotion, the kind that the reader can feel, not just me.

 

I crave writing at the local coffee shop and someone coming up to me and asking what I’m working on while buying my latest book as they ask me to sign it.

 

I crave a writing retreat by myself in some room or cabin someplace with at least three projects to work on.

 

I crave feeling relief from the ugly drive inside me that needs to get things done, the perfectionist, the workaholic, the overachiever.

 

I crave a group of friends that understand me and don’t mind if I disappear for months and forgive me for disappearing when I return.

 

I crave time with people who have died.

 

I crave that special spark that happens when a project I’ve written hits someone in a special way and blesses them.

 

I crave morning coffee, that special moment when the first few sips taste exquisite and my body and brain wake up and the possibilities of the day lay before me.

 

I crave relaxing after a day of hard work with my feet up and a crochet project in my hands watching a fun show on television with my husband and talking about the day.

 

I crave a burger and fries.

 

I crave fried chicken, crispy, with all the extras.

 

I crave more time in God’s Word, the pure milk of the word.

 

I crave a closer spiritual connection with my fellow believers.

 

I crave a tighter walk with God.

 



 



#31days2022

Crave – 10-6-22- 31 Days of Writing about Writing


photo info - Image by <a href="https://pixabay.com/users/hansuan_fabregas-2902307/?utm_source=link-attribution&amp;utm_medium=referral&amp;utm_campaign=image&amp;utm_content=7461299">HANSUAN FABREGAS</a> from <a href="https://pixabay.com//?utm_source=link-attribution&amp;utm_medium=referral&amp;utm_campaign=image&amp;utm_content=7461299">Pixabay</a>



4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the things that you crave. I love how you tied it together at the end of your post by describing your spiritual cravings. I am stopping by from the 31 Days 2022 group. I hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! Hopefully I'll get by to see you this week. Blessings!

      Delete
  2. I crave being surprised that what I wrote makes sense and actually teaches me something when I read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! ... and sometimes I don't know what I think about a thing unless I write about it ... like my file drawers in my head are stuck unless I write. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Witness

  Living out in the country like we do, I get to witness new things every week. Like this morning, I went out to feed the barn cats and re...